3.1 Fishing Roundup [Updated]
Known changes found in patch 3.1 PTR. Not yet "live":
- 5 new fishing daily quests in Dalaran. Rare rewards include new poles and minipets. Full details.
- Lake Wintergrasp now contains fish.
- Borean Man O'War gain a cooking recipe (Black Jelly, uses 3 fish, restores 18,000 health and 15,000 mana). Trains at cooking skill 400.
- New +25 Nat's Lucky Fishing Pole reward for the Artisan fishing quest (or given by Nat if the quest was already completed).
- 5 new fishing bobber designs and 3 new fishing pole designs. At least 2 poles come from the daily quest. More discussion.
Achievement One That Didn't Get Away can also be completed by catching Mr. Pinchy, Old Crafty or a "Baby Coralshell Turtle" (source unknown). "May be a bug" (Bornakk). "No plans" to buff drop rate (Bornakk).
More minor changes listed below.
- Bobber splash noise has changed. (MP3)
- Northrend pools are slightly easier to see.
- References to dwarven fishing techniques have been uncovered, such as "Fishing Hole Explosion - Causes a fishing hole to explode, scattering fish around the area". Use unknown.
- Icons for certain achievements have also changed.
The change to One That Didn't Get Away is not retrospective: Even if you have the Crawdad and Crafty achievements, you will not gain One That Didn't Get Away automatically.
For a detailed, illustrated guide, read Patch 3.1 Changes.
Comments now closed.