365 in skill is cap in inscription?

1. Tjoa, October 2008:

What do u think?. are they gonna let us level up to 375 before lich king hits the market.
    Or are we forced to start at 365 and evrybody else can start at 375.
    Feels wierd that they havnt released 375 in skill yet, when tha patch is so close by.

2. Felkan, October 2008:

I wasn't on the PTR last night, but as of Wednesday, 365 was still the max. I suspect the last 10 points will come from recipes that require primals and/or nethers. Will those recipes come from a trainer? Rep vendor? World drops? Dungeon/Raid drop? Who knows....

3. Tjoa, October 2008:

seems weird that they dont implement it so a crowd of people can test it.
    Or is it already tested at the beta server, so that blizzard feels that evrything is alright, and there is no need for more testing the last 10 points.?

4. nfi, October 2008:

If you have a look at the other professions, the Northrend material recipes seem to kick in at 350 skill anyway. Maybe they're not going to bother impementing high end 375 recipes as such.

Although it would be strange not to have another set of offhands or something at least.

5. el, October 2008:

As nfi comments, WotLK's professions start at 350, and skip over the difficult part of the Outland leveling (above 350). I can only assume that Inscription was never intended to be released before Northrend, so there was no need to provide TBC recipes up to 375. Beta has some recipes above 350, although the leveling curve is still not implemented correctly - at 350 one learns a large number of glyphs that remain orange for a very long time.

With 10 days to go until release, it is still possible something will be added. But more likely, Inscribers will have to wait for WotLK to get the last 10-15 points up to 375.

6. Tjoa, October 2008:

el wrote:

As nfi comments, WotLK's professions start at 350, and skip over the difficult part of the Outland leveling (above 350). I can only assume that Inscription was never intended to be released before Northrend, so there was no need to provide TBC recipes up to 375. Beta has some recipes above 350, although the leveling curve is still not implemented correctly - at 350 one learns a large number of glyphs that remain orange for a very long time.
    With 10 days to go until release, it is still possible something will be added. But more likely, Inscribers will have to wait for WotLK to get the last 10-15 points up to 375.

I have to disagree with you there since you dont have to buy the expansion.
    You should be able to level it up to 375 since thats what you paid for.

Because if you dont buy lich king u arent alowed to use the stuff from northrend.... or are you?

7. el, October 2008:

You cannot visit Northrend to train without the expansion, even if you can get the materials. So I take the point.

In practice, 365 isn't terribly different to 375. It's just currently at odds with precisely what Eyonix announced:

"Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it."

Tags/keywords: Leveling 290-350.

These forums are now closed to new topics, posts and alterations. Old discussions are archived here. Fishing discussion can still be found at El's Extreme Anglin' forums.