El is a gnome warlock (or "special mage", as she prefers to be called), who can sometimes be found fishing on Ravenholdt (EU) realm.
El was fascinated by the fact that fish were never seen until caught. And that, however many she caught, there were always fresh fish in the sea. El concluded that each cast simply opened a temporary portal to a "plane of infinite fish". El theorised that if there was a plane of infinite fish, there should also be infinite planes of other things. Like dwarves. Logically, by opening a portal to the "plane of infinite dwarves", Horde attacks on Ironforge would be repelled. By infinite dwarves: The ultimate weapon.
Unfortunately, El hasn't yet discovered how to summon infinite dwarves...
About El's Professions
El's Extreme Anglin' was launched in August 2006. It took one profession and explored it in far more depth than any other guide had done before.
Many of the other professions were still relatively poorly documented. There was, I thought, a lot more to know than just "leveling 1 to 450...525...600". El's Professions was launched in 2008, with the aim of bringing some of El's attention to detail to a wider audience. Its research, writing and layout followed the same principles as El's Extreme Anglin': Definitive, helpful, different, and always evolving.
Unfortunately there was never enough depth to Inscription to require such a detailed guide. And I never enjoyed writing the leveling guide. By the beginning of 2012 unique visitors to El's Inscription had dropped to around 10,000 per month. Still quite a lot, but a fraction of the readership of El's Anglin'. I still hope to keep the Inscription guide updated, but my main focused is now where it all started, on fishing.
These pages were written by El's "alter ego", Tim Howgego, copyright © 2006-13, unless otherwise stated. He has written about quite a lot of other games over the years, and really should have grown out of it by now. For further insight into the author(s), read the WoW Insider interview.
You may save and print this document for your own personal use only. You may not charge for it, sell, rent, or otherwise profit from it. The contents of this website should not be reposted without the explicit written permission of the author. Fair use of content (partial quotation with attribution) is encouraged.
This guide is intended for educational purposes only. All game concepts, certain images, and in game-text are copyright Blizzard Entertainment. The limited use of copyrighted material is believed to constitute fair use. World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment. The author is not affiliated to Blizzard Entertainment. No fish or flowers were harmed during the making of this guide.
Inevitably the game will change over time, so I can make no guarantees as to the accuracy of the information presented here.
I am not currently offering advertising space to individuals or looking for new advertising "opportunities", link exchanges or similar.
Google add advertising to search results. Note that I have no control over advertising displayed on search results - please excuse any adverts you find confusing or misleading.
- Information collected:
- From guests: IP address, time, and content viewed is recorded for each visitor.
- Historically, from registered users: As guests, plus password, profile information entered, and forum or news contributions.
- Use of information: Analysis of overall website usage, which may be published in aggregate form. Information is not used to identify individuals, nor will be passed (in raw form) to third parties, except if required by law.
- Affliate links: Some advertisements comprise affliate links. These links record this site as the referrer. These are clearly marked in the link title - such as "Advertisement".
Cookies are small pieces of data placed on your computer. Several different groups of cookies may be set while browsing El's Professions:
- Cookies set by CloudFlare, currently "__cfduid". CloudFlare mirrors copies of El's Professions on many servers across the world, which speeds up page load times and keeps the site online during surges in traffic.
- Cookies set by Google Analytics, currently starting "__utm", which are described here. Google Analytics data is not used to identify individuals, but does help El identify and write pages on popular topics.
- Cookies set by Quantcast, currently "__qca". Quantcast measures the total numbers of visitors, similar to Google Analytics, except that summary results are published freely. This audit shows advertisers that visitor data is not falsified. The resulting advertising revenue keeps El supplied with ink and parchment.
- Cookies set by third party webservers:
- Cookies set by advertisers via adverts displayed across El's Professions. You can opt-out of Advertisers' tracking cookies at NAI.
- Cookies set by Clickbank, when following (not just viewing) affliate-based advertising. Without these cookies El doesn't get any money from that advertising.
- Cookies set by websites with content embedded on certain pages. These provide useful services - currently Wowhead (tooltips), YouTube (videos), and Google (search).
The author is especially grateful for the following third-party web services and technologies:
- Google Custom Search (search results)
- Python (holding it all together)
- Powered by Wowhead (tooltips)
Archive Comments about About
Below are readers' comments about "About":
Atlantiz, October 2008:
Just wanna post this to say soo many great thx's ^^
This site is soo awesome and checkin it up regular every day for news and updates, so the least thing you deserve is a big thx :)
Cant imagine how many herbs ya must have been gathering for all those 'average' tests drops on more or less each new beta release >< Indeed keep up the good work! Its much apreciated!!
thunderchild, October 2008:
I too would like to add my appreciation for the manifold efforts in this and the fishing sites. Thank you.
Yoco, October 2008:
Aye, I finally decided to register to add my thanks as well, for both your fishing and inscription sites. Oh, and for your insightful comments sprinkled on the wow beta forums.
kiwibear, January 2009:
Just wanted to say I love the site, I was SO frustrated with fishing before I found you guys.
I've sent all my friends to you and I hope you're around forever XD
Thanks, you make WoW even more fun :)
-Kiwi (Area 52 US)
Comments now closed.